PDQ Specialist Courier Services recognises the importance of preserving the environment in which we operate and is committed to establishing an environmental management policy as a priority.
Working towards our principal of sustainable development, PDQ endeavours to address our environmental impact in the following ways:
- Continual minimisation of waste through re-using materials and recycling wherever possible
- Investigate fuel usage, route planning and best vehicle design across our fleet, with the aim of minimising empty miles and emissions
- Appoint staff and carriers who have the appropriate skill and experience, educate, train and motivate them and ensure full accountability for best environmental practice by all employees and carrier’s
- Communicate this Policy and ensure awareness of responsible environmental management by staff, carrier’s, customer’s and the community
- Pursue a direction which is ecologically sustainable and viable, and conducted according to high standards of environmental performance in order to protect the environment for future generations
- Adhere to relevant legislation & regulations; working to pertinent and best codes of practice and carrying out regular reviews
- Consider the best use of raw materials, using recycled/recyclable products
- Promote environmental awareness at all levels of our company; and encourage appropriate actions to all staff
- Liaise with our suppliers, contractors and clients to improve Environmental Management at all levels of the supply chain
Electronic PODs and Paperless Invoicing
All our couriers are equipped with PDA devices which electronically capture collection and delivery signatures. These are date and time stamped and are available to view in real-time through our customer’s unique portal. Adhering to our green policies, we also offer our clients the option of paperless invoicing.
To find out how we can help you please call 0800 046 2011 or complete our enquiry form